- Best Lawyers “In the practice areas of Mediation & Arbitration” 2019
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year – Mediation” 2018
- Best Lawyers “Mediation” 2017
- Best Lawyers “Arbitration” 2017
- Listed in Best Lawyers 2016
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year: Mediation” 2015
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year: Arbitration” 2014
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year: Mediation” 2012
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year: Alternative Dispute Resolution” 2010
Former Milwaukee Circuit Court Judge Gary Gerlach has mediated and arbitrated well over 1,600 cases since establishing his ADR practice in 1996. He concentrates his ADR practice on the resolution of complex commercial, insurance coverage, construction, real estate, environmental, employment and substantial personal injury and wrongful death disputes. Judge Gerlach has been named to the “Best Lawyers” for mediation and arbitration in 2019, the seventh time he has been listed in an ADR category. Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Judge Gerlach has previously been ranked among the top mediators in Milwaukee by Milwaukee Magazine, and among the best mediators in the state by the Wisconsin Law Reporter survey.
Judge Gerlach combines the evaluative and facilitative mediation styles. He has completed several advanced mediation-training courses. He draws on his judicial experience, as well as his experience as a practicing attorney during the mediation process, instilling confidence among the parties in his observations and recommendations. He has had a State of Wisconsin Real Estate Broker’s License for over 30 years.
In addition to mediating and arbitrating cases, Judge Gerlach is available to serve as a judicial referee and private judge. He also provides analysis and feedback to attorneys and their clients involved in complex litigation regarding their arguments and legal interpretation.
Resolute Systems, LLC administers Judge Gerlach’s mediation and arbitration practice.