- The Best Lawyers in America “Lawyer of the Year: Arbitration” 2022
- Best Lawyers “In the practice areas of Mediation & Arbitration” 2019
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year – Mediation” 2018
- Best Lawyers “Mediation” 2017
- Best Lawyers “Arbitration” 2017
- Listed in Best Lawyers 2016
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year: Mediation” 2015
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year: Arbitration” 2014
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year: Mediation” 2012
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year: Alternative Dispute Resolution” 2010
Hon. Gary A. Gerlach, ret. Biography
- LLM, New York University Law School
- JD, Marquette University School of Law
- BS, University of Wisconsin
- Resolute Systems 40-hour Advanced Mediation Training Course
- Resolute Systems 40-hour Mediation Training Course
- EEOC Mediation Training Course
Judge Gerlach has been a member of the Select Judiciary of Resolute Systems, LLC the national mediation, arbitration and consulting firm since 1996 and serves as the firm’s chief Wisconsin neutral. Judge Gerlach specializes in the resolution of complex commercial, insurance coverage, substantial personal injury and wrongful death, employment and construction matters. Judge Gerlach has had a State of Wisconsin Real Estate Broker’s License for over 30 years. He has mediated and arbitrated numerous real estate and construction disputes.
Judge Gerlach has served as an external EEOC mediator, and has successfully mediated numerous EEOC charges and employment disputes to conclusion. He has also mediated age, race and gender discrimination cases.
Judge Gerlach has been named to the “Best Lawyers” for mediation and arbitration in 2019, the seventh time he has been listed in an ADR category. Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Judge Gerlach has previously been ranked among the top mediators in Milwaukee by Milwaukee Magazine, and among the best mediators in the state by the Wisconsin Law Reporter survey. Judge Gerlach has previously been ranked among the top mediators in Milwaukee by Milwaukee Magazine, and among the best mediators in the state by the Wisconsin Law Reporter survey. He has authored several articles on the mediation process, as well as lectures on ADR for the Milwaukee and Wisconsin bar associations. He served as adjunct professor at the Marquette University School of Law Mediation Clinic, and was a director of the Wisconsin State Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Section from 2002-2008.
Representative ADR Cases
- Commercial & Business
- Real Estate—Developer/Contractor/Lender/Disputes
- Shareholder Disputes
- Insurance Coverage
- Receivership — Recovery of Assets
- Employment & EEOC
- Professional Malpractice—Medical, Legal, Accounting, Appraisal
- Substantial Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Environmental Matters
- Construction Disputes—Defective workmanship/Contractor liens
- Product Liability
- Probate Disputes—Undue Influence/Distribution of Estate Assets
- Divorce—Maintenance/Child Support/Property Division Issues
- Condominium Issues
- Public Entity Disputes
- FELA Matters
Professional Legal Experience
Judge Gerlach served in the Circuit Court of Milwaukee County for over 20 years. During this time, he presided over numerous jury and bench trials, including commercial, personal injury, medical malpractice, construction and product liability cases. Judge Gerlach served as a faculty member for five years at the State of Wisconsin Judicial College. He was of counsel to the Milwaukee-based firm of Gunta & Reak from 1996 to 2010.
To schedule mediation or arbitration with Gary Gerlach or for more information on his services, please call 414-276-4774.
Click here for Gary Gerlach’s printable resume / biography.